POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Translucent Leaf Texture : Re: Translucent Leaf Texture Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Translucent Leaf Texture
From: stbenge
Date: 25 Oct 2008 00:23:47
Message: <49029f53$1@news.povray.org>
Reactor wrote:
> "Kirk Andrews" <kir### [at] tektonartcom> wrote:
>> When dealing with trees, I found I got the best result by simply adding
>> double_illuminate to my leaves, and using radiosity. Of course, slower
>> radiosity settings will yield a more realistic result.
>
> double_illuminate was yhe first thing that came to mind for me.  I hope the next
> implementation of POV allows for a float value after double_illuminate to permit
> one to set the intensity from 0...1

Or better yet, have a double_illuminate pigment block of its very own:

object{
  leaf
  pigment{
   image_map{tga"leafy_image.tga"}
  }
  double_illuminate{
   image_map{tga"veiny_image.tga"}
  }
}

I'm don't know how this would look, exactly. I'm pretty sure it would
look something like it would in Blender or another such rendering
program (similar to most programs' translucency material layer).

Sam