POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : In Xanadu : Re: In Xanadu Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:34:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: In Xanadu
From: St
Date: 24 Oct 2008 04:27:27
Message: <490186ef$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote in message

> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schreef in bericht news:490035b1@news.povray.org...
>>
>>      Well, this might work:
>>
>>       Produce just a palm trunk in PovTree. And then produce just the
>> palm leaves, (so you have two files).
>>
>>       Place your palm trunks, and then place and rotate your palm leaves
>> so that they look like they're blowing in the wind.
>
> Thanks Steve. I shall have to think about this a bit. This might work
> indeed without too much trouble. It might give me some other ideas as
> well...

      I haven't tried it with palm trees myself, but I have used this method
to make better looking olive trees. It works well for distance shots.

     Or another idea would be to model a palm leaf yourself and add it onto
the trees, rotating them in the same direction as the cape. I think you
would only need three or four just to give the impression of wind.

>>       I like the dust behind the car in the distance, that's working
>> well, so maybe a bit of wind-blown dust around the palms too?
>
> There is some dust blowing behind the car and palms to the left. Still,
> this is something I am not entirely happy about.

     Ah, I see it. It's not too obvious though. Hmm, not really sure what
you could do to improve that, apart from maybe just intensify it around the
palm trunks?

     Those Komodo's work well in this image, Thomas.

        ~Steve~