POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : In Xanadu : Re: In Xanadu Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: In Xanadu
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 Oct 2008 03:24:54
Message: <49017846$1@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <ric### [at] yahoocom> schreef in bericht

> Interesting.  Back on Komodo, the lizards consider humans an imported
> delicacy;
> and even if they were tamed, keeping one as a pet would be as healthy as
> bathing in a septic tank.

Absolutely! I guess that the character in the image has to brush the
lizard's teeth thrice a day at least (using steel mesh gloves) :-)
To be frank, I was inspired to this combination after seeing a photo from a
west african country, showing a man with a hyena on a leash.

> The opium, maybe?
>
> Or do I just not know enough about Xanadu?

Xanadu is just what we ourselves put into it, with our without some
stimulating substances. Without is more gratifying though. You know what
happened to Coleridge? He lost a major part of his poem when, while
transcribing his opium dream, he was interrupted by a visitor. He took the
opium for medical reasons by the way, not as a stimulus for his art.

Thomas