POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : In Xanadu : Re: In Xanadu Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: In Xanadu
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 23 Oct 2008 04:19:53
Message: <490033a9$1@news.povray.org>
"m_a_r_c" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> schreef in bericht

> Indeed I was half kidding, I imagine it is far less simple to do than to
> say.

I know :-)

Still, the idea was interesting. I did a rapid test and found it impossible
to do. First of all because the mesh is not grouped adequately for efficient
use in the Cloth Room. But second, more important even, the meshes are much
to detailed for the Cloth Room! Imagine the hundreds of leaves/fronds that
have to be animated at the same time while also controlling
self-collision.... My PC gobbled up all memory within a short time and I had
to crash/close Poser.

Thomas