POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A question of physics : Re: A question of physics Server Time
30 Sep 2024 11:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question of physics
From: m a r c
Date: 17 Oct 2008 09:06:00
Message: <48f88db8@news.povray.org>

48f864eb$1@news.povray.org...

> Heh. Yeah. Now I just have to figure out how many dB I actually need to
> fill a room...

Consider a 6dB fade every time you double distance in free field* from a
point source (fade_power 2)

*Obviously a room full of people is NOT a free field : walls reflect a part
of the sound and people absorb another part.

For a better intelligibility try to put your speakers  above head level so
people get sound coming in straight line from speakers.

Marc