POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A question of physics : A question of physics Server Time
30 Sep 2024 11:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  A question of physics
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Oct 2008 05:55:13
Message: <48f86101$1@news.povray.org>
OK, so I need to buy a set of PC speakers. It doesn't really matter how
good they sound, but they need to be loud enough for a crowded room full
of people to hear them.

The trouble is, I'm looking at the product catelogue, and although every
single product clearly states how many Watts it gives you, not one
single one seems to say HOW LOUD THEY ARE! >_<

Is there any way to infer the approximate loudness of a cheap PC speaker
from the Wattage rating? I realise that it's quite possible to make an
8W speaker that is deafening, but most manufacturers "typically" don't
od this, so... is there any way I can figure out the data I need?