POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Gamma correction of input colours/image files : Re: Gamma correction of input colours/image files Server Time
3 May 2024 02:33:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma correction of input colours/image files
From: scott
Date: 10 Oct 2008 10:56:41
Message: <48ef6d29@news.povray.org>
> I think I eluded to brightness & contrast  differences .... not color.

Try all you want to modify the brightness and contrast of the top row,
you'll never be able to get a match with the middle row because the actual
*colours* are different.  The only way to get the match will be do undo the
gamma correction, but then by doing that you're screwing with the physical
correctness of the lighting on the spheres (ie the brightness won't be
proportional to normal of the surface in the correct way anymore).