POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Problem(s) with object pattern using text object : Re: Problem(s) with object pattern using text object Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:18:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem(s) with object pattern using text object
From: Warp
Date: 9 Oct 2008 07:43:18
Message: <48edee56@news.povray.org>

> But obviously, object patterns cannot use textures, but only pigments or
> colors

  I don't know where you got that idea, but it's wrong. A pattern is
just a pattern. You can use a pattern anywhere where a pattern is
expected. It has nothing to do with being able to use textures, pigments
or colors.

> - at least when I try to use textures, I get the error message
> "Missing } in object, texture found instead, which is not the case if I
> used pigments or colors.

  Well, you are specifying your textures *inside a pigment block*, so
obviously that won't work. You have to specify it inside a texture block
if you want to specify textures.