POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Problem(s) with object pattern using text object : Problem(s) with object pattern using text object Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:14:22 EDT (-0400)
  Problem(s) with object pattern using text object
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 8 Oct 2008 17:38:18
Message: <48ed284a$1@news.povray.org>
High!

I would like to render a brushed aluminium manufacturing plane on the
back side of a wall clock and so decided to do it fully procedurally, i.
e. using an object pattern with text object(s) rather than just an
image_map.

But obviously, object patterns cannot use textures, but only pigments or
colors - at least when I try to use textures, I get the error message
"Missing } in object, texture found instead, which is not the case if I
used pigments or colors.

Then, irrespective of that, regardless whatever I do to get the text
line in correct position, the text object shape simply doesn't show up a
all on the plate... here's the code:

#declare Clock_Manufacturing_Plate =
box
{
   0, <0.142, 0.0001, 0.062>
   texture
   {
     pigment
     {
       object
       {
         sphere { <0.03, 0.0001, 0.028>, 0.0094 }
         /* text
         {
           ttf "verdana.ttf"
           "THE HAMMOND CLOCK COMPANY", 1, 0
           scale 0.03
           rotate x*90
           translate y*0.05

         } */
         texture { pigment {color rgb 0.76 } finish { ambient 0.15
diffuse 1 brilliance 0.7 phong 1 phong_size 120 } }
         texture { pigment {color rgb 0 } finish {ambient 0.15 diffuse 1
brilliance 0.15 } }
        // pigment { color rgb 0.76 }
        // pigment { color rgb 0 }
       }