POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : superlinear transformations : Re: superlinear transformations Server Time
30 Apr 2024 03:59:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: superlinear transformations
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 27 Sep 2008 04:02:44
Message: <48dde8a4$1@news.povray.org>
Le Fri, 26 Sep 2008 21:40:57 -0700, Dan Connelly a modifié des petits
morceaux de l'univers pour nous faire lire :

> And my degrees of freedom argument follows only if one is allowed a
> single rotation and a single scaling.  But generating pure shear
> requires two rotations.
>
> Sorry....
>
> Dan

Might I remind people that the internal transformation matrix is a 4x4,
using weighted coordinates system (x,y,z,w).
Successive transformations are stacked together by matrix-multiplication
at parse time.

Now, I would be interested in seeing a screwing transformation-matrix...
Please enlight-me