POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Found the dynamic optimization things... : Re: Found the dynamic optimization things... Server Time
30 Sep 2024 19:27:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Found the dynamic optimization things...
From: Invisible
Date: 24 Sep 2008 05:57:16
Message: <48da0efc$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> I'll see if I can figure out what the current status of this feature
> is... I'm curios myself.

Building libraries as DLLs used to work, but is currently broken.

You can still build a whole Haskell program as a DLL rather than an EXE,
but that's all. (And why the hell would you want to? Load up 5 Haskell
DLLs and you have 5 copies of the RTS and several copies of the Haskell
libraries statically linked in... urgh!)

It was working until roughly GHC 6.4 (~2005), and then it broke.
Apparently it's due to be back (on all platforms) in the next version of
GHC - which is now actually overdue for release. (There was supposed to
be an RC out by now.) The various developer docs are unclear as to
whether this feature really will be present or not.