POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bezier Lathe UV Mapping bug : Re: Bezier Lathe UV Mapping bug Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bezier Lathe UV Mapping bug
From: Edouard Poor
Date: 22 Sep 2008 06:17:29
Message: <48d770b9@news.povray.org>
I wrote:

> I'm finding that my bezier_spline lathes get uv_mapped pigments wrong -
> the y component is inverted inside each spline segment.

For my purposes I can (did) change my SVG to lathe code to output the
lathe segments reversed, which makes the uv mapped pigments (or
textures, etc) all work fine.

So where I was outputting segments A->B, B->C, C->D, etc, now I'm
outputting B->A, C->B, D->C etc.

Seems like bit of a dirty work-around, but at least it works for now.

Cheers,
Edouard.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'reversed-lathe-cup.jpg' (46 KB)

Preview of image 'reversed-lathe-cup.jpg'
reversed-lathe-cup.jpg