POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My first C++ program : Re: (And in Haskell. Obviously.) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (And in Haskell. Obviously.)
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 21 Sep 2008 11:14:46
Message: <48d664e6$1@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:
>> I have a similar issue with stuff like
>>
>>   while (*x++ = *y++) {}
>
> FYI, I have an issue with stuff like that too. C and C++ do make it easy to
> write bad code. This is the second time you've mentioned that example, so I
> assume someone once showed it to you and thought they were being clever.
> They weren't! Or maybe it's just a popular example, because I was just
> reading a book about coding style last night that gave that as a bad
> example.

	The truth is that there is no shortage of programmers out there who
write like this. I've literally read a C (or was it C++) book  that
admitted it was obfuscated, and in the same breath suggesting that the
reader should become accustomed to it because those constructs are common.

--
The meek shall inherit the dearth.

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl