POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My first C++ program : Re: (And in Haskell. Obviously.) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (And in Haskell. Obviously.)
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 21 Sep 2008 04:28:32
Message: <48d605b0$1@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:

> This is the second time you've mentioned that example, so I
> assume someone once showed it to you and thought they were being clever.
> They weren't! Or maybe it's just a popular example, because I was just
> reading a book about coding style last night that gave that as a bad
> example.

More like, "it's the only bit of C that I know". (I'd use an example of
printf() or something, but first I'd have to find an example that's
actually *correct*...)

Both C and C++ are positively *bursting* with features that are subtle,
counter-intuitive and cryptic. This isn't exactly news. C++ at least
appears to be something of an improvement in this regard...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/