POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My first C++ program : Re: A test Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:23:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A test
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Sep 2008 14:38:18
Message: <48d5431a$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>     case(compare(number, target)) of
>   What would be wrong with a syntax like that?

All the functions in Haskell are curried. So it's really
   case (compare(number)(target)) of ...

But yes, this is exactly the kind of thing I have trouble with too, in
these sorts of languages. Especially when it gets a little more complex
and you get stuff like
    case bump . hither $ yo stuff of ...
or when people start writing binary functions that take values on both
the left and the right (in SML, not Haskell) and giving them names like
"o", with functions returning other functions composed by "o", which was
apparently not unlike the "." in Haskell.

    this o that value
OK, so what's the precidence on that in ML? Yarg.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)