POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My first C++ program : Re: (And in Haskell. Obviously.) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:19:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (And in Haskell. Obviously.)
From: Warp
Date: 20 Sep 2008 12:54:30
Message: <48d52ac6@news.povray.org>
> I think Haskell is line oriented. Commands end at the end of lines.

  What happens if the expression is very long? For example, a function
could take a large amount of parameters, all of which are long expressions
using long variable names.

  I think I'm starting to understand *why* Haskell people prefer using
short and cryptic variable names rather than long and clear ones: If they
did the latter, they would run out of space in their limited lines... :P

--
                                                          - Warp