POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My first C++ program : Re: My first C++ program Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:16:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first C++ program
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Sep 2008 11:43:58
Message: <48d51a3e$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Now there's interesting. I didn't know you could actually compile
> multiple source files together; I was under the impression that in that
> case, you must manually invoke g++ several times, and then manually
> invoke ld to produce the final binary. (Or, more likely, write a
> makefile that does that.)

That's basically what happens internally. I don't think it's like Java,
where putting multiple sources on the same line does things that
compiling them separately can't.  (For example, putting multiple sources
on the same line is the only way to get Java to compile circular
dependencies between classes, last I looked.)

> Has anybody come up with a tool for autogenerating header files yet?

Yes. About 20 years ago. :-)  It was editor macros in Teco (aka PMate).

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)