POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tulips : Pebbles Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:29:26 EDT (-0400)
  Pebbles
From: Jonathan Hunt
Date: 16 Sep 2008 17:48:30
Message: <48d029ae@news.povray.org>
Hi folks,

Well it's been over 7 years since I last played with POV-Ray and made my
tulips image (http://xlcus.com/povray/tulips/tulips-0600x0800.jpg), but
I've had a renewed interest just recently and would like to present the
first image I've made since I've been back... (See attachment)

The image is pure SDL.  No scene placement tools, models or textures
were used.  Everything is procedurally generated and positioned using SDL.

The render time was pretty harsh.  The combination of radiosity and
focal blur really slowed things down and it took about 4.5 days to
render on my Athlon 5600+ with POV-Ray 3.6

Anyway, hope you like it.

Cheers,

--
Jonathan Hunt