POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : no class : Re: no class Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:25:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: no class
From: Ger
Date: 7 Sep 2008 13:39:21
Message: <48c411c9@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:

>> As far as I can make out, which means that I'm most likely wrong, all
>> pieces are flat (as in a plane).
>
> In this last image, I also think they are sort of flat but with rounded
> edges. Shay was also referring to an earlier work with not so flat pieces.

Well, yes, some of Shay's images are virtually impossible to make in wood
unless you fully carve them and I'm not that good at woodwork :(
I think the edges are at an angle, as slanted, but that doesn't make a
difference in making the pieces in wood.

>> If that is the case then it might even be doable
>> to make it in wood. And as I like woodwork I might even try my hand at it
>
> Sure, let's make a contest. You do the wood, I do the ceramics, Steve
> metal and Shay himself resin (and wood and ceramics).

Heck no, no contests. I hate the idea of art in a contest

>> if I had the actual shape.
>
> Ah, yes, I knew there would a problem.

Life is never without problems :)

> BTW in the discussion on POV4 I more than once said that in my opinion
> POV4 should focus on the scene description language with the raytracing
> camera as just one, although an important, output option. I would prefer
> to have STL or other true 3D output as alternative 'cameras'. In case
> somebody still didn't grok why, this thread may give a clue.

 I assume you're making sense to someone, but that someone is not me :)

--
Ger