POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : no class : Re: no class Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:26:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: no class
From: Ger
Date: 6 Sep 2008 01:45:25
Message: <48c218f5@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:

> A lot of extra work, but I couldn't resist the double-meaning of this
> title.
>
> The first meaning will be obvious to any who remember my "...geeks
> only?" or "high school math" post.
>
> The second meaning required the extra work. All of my images are
> hand-coded, but this one was done without the use of Python. No Python =
> no class(es). One last time with pure POV sdl. Wanted to show what could
> be done just by opening up the POV editor[1] and typing. Got as crazy as
> implementing divide-and-conquer delaunay triangulation in POV sdl.
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Yep, some smudging in gimp to get rid of radiosity artifacts. Did as
> good a job as I have the patience to do.
>
> This is my last image. It's been real.
>
>   -Shay
>
> [1] Don't want to mislead anyone. I didn't use the POV editor, which
> only comes with the Windows version.

Hi,

I have been going back and forth between your images and I must say that I'm
appreciating them more and more. Since I have no math knowledge what so
ever (it just eludes me) I'm just stunned by how you can pull something
like this of. Not taking away any from my understanding how much time this
can take.
I would honestly love to have your objects sitting on a display in my home.
Sadly I can't afford to have you make one for me.

I'm in aw of what a bright mind and a texteditor can accomplish together :)
--
Ger