POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : no class : Re: no class Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:17:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: no class
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 5 Sep 2008 03:09:20
Message: <48c0db20$1@news.povray.org>
I take of my hat and bow low, Shay. Your effort reminds me of a Chinese
story:

A rich patron visited a famous painter and asked him if he could draw a
life-like copy of a bird (I think it was a cock, but I do not remember
exactly) with one single brush stroke. The painter told him to come back a
week later. That day, the painter took a virgin piece of paper and painted
the bird in one single brush stroke. The patron was duly impressed and asked
the painter the price of this painting. The price was a very large sum of
gold. "What? said the patron, so much for a single brush stroke?". The
painter took him to another room which was stuffed full with countless
rejected trials of the bird. "It is not that single brush stroke that you
pay, but all the days and nights I have spent to reach perfection."

Thomas