POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : no class : Re: no class Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: no class
From: Shay
Date: 4 Sep 2008 17:42:08
Message: <48c05630$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Very cool

Thank you.

>> This is my last image. It's been real.
>
> What????  I have been missing seeing your images up here lately - was
> wondering if we'd see more of your magic.  :-)

If only it were magic. This was months of work, and the reaction to all
who have heard that has been "what took so long?" There's a joy in
discovering the just-right look for a particularly challenging type of
corner, but that is a *very* expensive high, and no one can tell the
difference in the finished image - especially when POV goofs up my
triangles.

I'm having dinner later this month with a successful professional artist
and former gallery director[1] to discover the value of a wooden
sculpture of this model. My family have a laser engraver capable of
cutting out the dozens of necessary pieces. IF that works out, I may
design more. I could have designed this as a wooden piece in 1/5 the time.

  -Shay

[1]michelleywilliams (dot com)