POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PoVEarth, day #9 : Re: PoVEarth, day #9 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:14:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoVEarth, day #9
From: scott
Date: 4 Sep 2008 09:03:23
Message: <48bfdc9b$1@news.povray.org>
> But there are still some problems to fix: as you might notice in take 35
> and 36, the radiosity illumination of the very same surface obviously
> depends strongly on the camera position - the bathroom walls are much
> darker if I look straight to the door! Is there any chance to avoid such
> dependencies?

Maybe take a look at the MCPov patch.  I have had some really good results
from MCPov with scenes that have been a pain to get radiosity working well.
The render times are usually a lot longer with MCPov to get a smooth image,
but if you factor in the time spent fiddling with radiosity and scene
settings it can actually be faster.