POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : more ruin [45 Kb] : Re: more ruin [45 Kb] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:30:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: more ruin [45 Kb]
From: Shay
Date: 2 Sep 2008 18:10:05
Message: <48bdb9bd$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
> The model of a corinthian capital is still in progress and not yet ready
> to stand a closeup look, but it took a lot to even get to a first stage
> of completeness.

I saw the CG Choice Gallery at forums.cgsociety.org the other day.
Apparently the images in the "Choice" gallery are placed there by

of the (IMO) less consistent outdoor environmental work had been
included in the gallery alongside the often jaw-dropping character work
seen there. Apparently, outdoor environmental work is in some ways even
tougher than character modeling. I've never tried character modeling,
but this would not have been my guess.

Your columns are an accomplishment on their own. Is your completed image
intended to be a closeup "study"? I am looking forward to seeing the
final result of so much ambition.

  -Shay