POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lightdome testing : Re: Lightdome testing Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:13:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightdome testing
From: Edouard Poor
Date: 30 Aug 2008 06:45:08
Message: <48b924b4@news.povray.org>
I'd been trying to place the 3D model into a picture I took of one of
the locations where I made a lightprobe, but had failed (for a couple of
hours) to get the photo mapped onto the plane on which the model was
sitting. Then I tried Rune's illusion.inc file, and bada-bing! Hooray
for the masters!

The only post-processing I did was colour correction and tone mapping in
Photoshop (I saved the render as an HDR), and adding a little bit of
noise to the dark areas of the final image.

All in all I'm pretty pleased with it, although there are still a bunch
of technical hurdles to overcome - not least of which is it's a bit of a
hack to let the light captured from the table light the model from
beneath (which helped the realism a lot). no_shadow and
double_illuminate etc.

Single pass render, 200 area lights sampled from the lightprobe image (a
scaled-down, non-HDR version of which is also attached).

Cheers,
Edouard.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'atrium-buddha.jpg' (296 KB) Download 'atrium-full-ll.jpg' (33 KB)

Preview of image 'atrium-buddha.jpg'
atrium-buddha.jpg

Preview of image 'atrium-full-ll.jpg'
atrium-full-ll.jpg