POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PoVEarth, day #7 : PoVEarth, day #7 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:14:54 EDT (-0400)
  PoVEarth, day #7
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 21 Aug 2008 13:41:45
Message: <48ada8d9@news.povray.org>
High!

Finally, I'm back with the project... though until October, I still have
a huge amount of work to do for one of my Afghanistan web projects (for
those of you unterstanding German:
http://www.inwent.org/v-ez/lis/afghanistan/ ), I now and then find the
time to continue with PoVEarth.

Today, I added the interior walls of my apartment and rendered a cutup
view... as you can see by the lightened-up shadows, using a spotlight in
a light_groups wasn't that a good idea - as the apartment block object
is heavily nested, the objects to be illuminated by the shadowless fill
light are distributed over several levels of the CSG hierarchy, so
faking a realistic indirect lighting wie light_groups would be very
complicated to impossible.

Instead, I think about using conventional fill lights - and constraining
them by invisible transparent door and window "panes" having
translucency=0. Then of course direct lighting by sunlight falling
through doors and windows would be complicated... but for scenes with
overcast sky, it would be appropriate.

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '.jpg' (40 KB) Download '.jpg' (36 KB)

Preview of image '.jpg'
.jpg

Preview of image '.jpg'
.jpg