POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another game question : Re: Another game question Server Time
1 Oct 2024 00:05:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another game question
From: Invisible
Date: 20 Aug 2008 06:43:42
Message: <48abf55e@news.povray.org>
>> The fact of the matter is, if you were on an island surrounded by
>> highly trained mercinaries and you were armed only with a pistol, you
>> wouldn't last five seconds.
>
> But you're a highly trained military type guy too, and you're taking
> them all by surprise.  Besides, it's not like they have an army
> anywhere, there's rarely more than a dozen of them in one area or more
> than a couple standing next to each other.  And once you've shot one of
> them, you have the same gun they do ;-)

I double you'd last long against sniper rifles and rocket launchers. ;-)

Actually, I'm waiting for the day when computer games will portray this
realistically. It's like HL2:DM. 12 guys run around inside a crumbling
dungeon hurling grenades and using rocket launchers. And after 20
minutes, the map itself just has a few bullet holes. Obviously, if you
did this in a *real* crumbling dungeon, there would be walls missing and
so forth! But no game seems to have managed to do this yet... Presumably
having a completely deformable map is just too much of a technical
challenge right now.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/