POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of trolling... : Re: Speaking of trolling... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 00:08:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of trolling...
From: John VanSickle
Date: 19 Aug 2008 08:10:18
Message: <48aab82a@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> John VanSickle wrote:
>> Darren New wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, this is somewhat of a troll. But I'm interested in hearing what
>>> people think MS could do that wouldn't be either evil or immediately
>>> put MS completely out of business.
>>
>> Make quality software?
>
> But it would have to be quality software that obeys all the relevant
> standards *and* which doesn't compete with anything else. ;-)

I have no problems with MS competing with other wares from other
vendors.  The mere fact that their software enjoys a larger user base
than that of their competitors is not something I hold against them.

Nor do I have a problem with their packaging IE with their OS.  It's
their right to offer their products in any combination that pleases them.

What I definitely do have a problem with, however, was mentioned earlier
in the thread:  Running to governments in order to gain an advantage in
the market.[1]  I despise that conduct in any corporation.  I also
despise breach of contract, which was also mentioned.

Regards,
John
[1] Ironically, the elements of society that most heatedly denounce
corporations that get favors from the government show no interest in
eliminating the legislative powers by which those favors are granted.