POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Bistro [170 Kb] : Re: WIP Bistro [170 Kb] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Bistro [170 Kb]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Aug 2008 04:28:53
Message: <48aa8445$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> schreef in bericht
> The sun value is determined by LightSys.  But its *apparent* brightness
> has a lot to do with the sharpness of the shadows.  With no area light to
> area light with a spread of 1% the distance, the shadows look sharp and
> deep and the sun bright.  In this image the spread of the area light is
> 2.5% of the distance to the light.  At 10% the distance this image looks
> quite dull like it is a cloudy day.

In Lightsys, you can play with the luminosity by:
#declare SunLuminosity = 3;
used in the Light_Color(SunColor, SunLuminosity) macro you can use as light
source color.

I am not sure, but possibly you can also influence the luminosity  by:
#declare Intensity_Mult = 0.80;    // default [.75]
before including CIE_Skylight.

Thomas