POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : beta 28 source sanity test : Re: beta 28 source sanity test Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:26:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: beta 28 source sanity test
From: Chris Cason
Date: 19 Aug 2008 00:04:29
Message: <48aa464d$1@news.povray.org>
John Coppens wrote:
> How does the problem manifest itself? I have 3.7beta compiled with
> Boost 1.36, and the executable _does_ render. I haven't rendered many

I'm not saying there's definitely a problem: I simply responded to a
report that the source doesn't play nice with boost 1.36 by pointing
out that the README explicitly states that later versions of boost
than 1.34_1 aren't supported by us.

Until such time as I can thoroughly test the code with 1.35/1.36 (as I
know some threading changes were made), it won't be supported by us.
That's not to say it won't work (VS2008 isn't supported by us either,
but it reportedly is able to build the code ...).

-- Chris