POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Bistro [170 Kb] : Re: WIP Bistro [170 Kb] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Bistro [170 Kb]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 18 Aug 2008 23:09:51
Message: <48aa397f$1@news.povray.org>
Jeremy M. Praay wrote:

> Lovely.  As others have commented, the table tops are pretty nifty.

Thanks,

> You might want to play around with the location of the chairs a bit.
> Something just seems a bit too "perfect" in that regard.

Yes, I will play with that somemore.

> It looks like you're using _some_ radiosity, but not nearly enough.  Perhaps
> you're going to crank the settings up later.  If so, be prepared for some
> slow rendering, as much of the scene is in shadows, but it should really
> come to life with some higher settings.   If the deep shadows aren't coming
> out, then you could try allowing more sunlight through the trees, but of
> course that depends on what you're trying to achieve.  Also, is your sun
> bright enough?

Yes now that much is set I can afford some overnight renders and try and
improve the richness with the radiosity.  Thanks for suggesting that.

The sun value is determined by LightSys.  But its *apparent* brightness
has a lot to do with the sharpness of the shadows.  With no area light
to area light with a spread of 1% the distance, the shadows look sharp
and deep and the sun bright.  In this image the spread of the area light
is 2.5% of the distance to the light.  At 10% the distance this image
looks quite dull like it is a cloudy day.

> As a side note, it's nice to see such a nice use of some of these wonderful
> tools we have available.

I absolutely love the tools I have ustilized here.