POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Bistro [170 Kb] : Re: WIP Bistro [170 Kb] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Bistro [170 Kb]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 18 Aug 2008 22:49:31
Message: <48aa34bb@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:

> The chairs look OK for me, modeled from a real-life model, as well as
> the tables. I've seen real chairs with iron legs that slender, and some
> that looked even thinner. Prety strong despite a somewhat flimsy look.

Yes I agree, That welded iron stuff really is remarkably strong.

> For the posts, I've seen some that are only resting on the ground, and
> not set into holes nor fastened. Typical for a temporary structure.

Yeah, me too, actually I was puzzled as to how this would actually be
constructed.  Examples I see with google do often have a little
finishing around the foot though.  Probably to cover any bolts or other
fastenings to the masonry base.