POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of trolling... : Re: Speaking of trolling... Server Time
30 Sep 2024 17:26:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of trolling...
From: Warp
Date: 18 Aug 2008 12:28:17
Message: <48a9a321@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> You massively over-estimate how interested governments are in such
> matters... They have lots of *way* more important things to be concerned
> about than whether Microsoft can push an XML standard through ISO or not!
> Last time I checked, the governments didn't even run the national standard
> organisations in most countries, let alone anything to do with ISO.

  Well that's exactly my point: The more the reason why it's so
unbelievably scary that MS succeeded in pulling out that stunt (and
the exact reason why the ISO organization was in trouble after the
voting for OOXML was over: The countries were not interested in
anything else than the OOXML and abandoned the organization after
the fact).

--
                                                          - Warp