POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Bistro [170 Kb] : Re: WIP Bistro [170 Kb] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Bistro [170 Kb]
From: Alain
Date: 18 Aug 2008 12:18:35
Message: <48a9a0db@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot nous illumina en ce 2008-08-18 04:32 -->
> "Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> schreef in bericht
>> Routine sort of scene.  An outdoor Bistro with an arbor and 'mosaic'
>> table tops
>>
>> Utilized:
>> Ivy Generator, Luft
>> MeshRelief, Bill Pragnell
>> POVTree, Tom Aust, Gena Obukhov
>> LightSysIV, Jaime Vives Piqueres, Ive, Philip Debar
>>
>> Critique welcome
>>

> Nice work, Jim. I particularly like the table tops. They look like pieces
> cut out of paintings or photographs (face? Rose?) and the texture suggests a
> certain roughness.
>
> The legs seem a bit flimsy to me. I would be afraid to find myself sitting
> on the ground beside an interestingly twisted piece of modern sculpture :-)
> Not recommended for overweight persons.
>
> Plants and lighting look ok to me, and the overall color combination is very
> well balanced (the eye of the painter!). Perhaps the wood texture of the
> posts could be finer. It seems a tad to large to me. In addition, where the
> posts reach the ground, there should be some kind of interruption in the
> (very nice) pavement.
>
> Overall, it reminds me of some impressionist paintings
>
> Thomas

The chairs look OK for me, modeled from a real-life model, as well as the
tables. I've seen real chairs with iron legs that slender, and some that looked
even thinner. Prety strong despite a somewhat flimsy look.

For the posts, I've seen some that are only resting on the ground, and not set
into holes nor fastened. Typical for a temporary structure.

--
Alain
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear