POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : beta 28 source sanity test : Re: beta 28 source sanity test Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: beta 28 source sanity test
From: Chris Cason
Date: 18 Aug 2008 04:41:59
Message: <48a935d7$1@news.povray.org>
Le Forgeron wrote:
> Which part, please, as boost is really a huge collection of parts ?
> thread ? mutex ? other ?

The windows readme goes into this a little bit with respect to boost
1.35 (I wasn't aware of 1.36). Basically it's a change in thread; I'm
not sure of the impact since I've not tested it - I'm simply playing safe.

I will update the source to suit the new boost soon.

> It really does not matter, as the available unix source code is late
> (still at 25b, whereas 28 is available for Windows binary since...)

our Linux guys seem to be doing other stuff these days. I will do a
Linux source release myself (but it will just be the last source
release combined with updated .cpp and .h files; I can't reliably
update any other part of it such as makefiles and whatnot since I
don't know enough about it).

-- Chris