POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Bistro [170 Kb] : Re: WIP Bistro [170 Kb] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:11:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Bistro [170 Kb]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 18 Aug 2008 04:32:20
Message: <48a93394$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> schreef in bericht
> Routine sort of scene.  An outdoor Bistro with an arbor and 'mosaic'
> table tops
>
> Utilized:
> Ivy Generator, Luft
> MeshRelief, Bill Pragnell
> POVTree, Tom Aust, Gena Obukhov
> LightSysIV, Jaime Vives Piqueres, Ive, Philip Debar
>
> Critique welcome

Nice work, Jim. I particularly like the table tops. They look like pieces
cut out of paintings or photographs (face? Rose?) and the texture suggests a
certain roughness.

The legs seem a bit flimsy to me. I would be afraid to find myself sitting
on the ground beside an interestingly twisted piece of modern sculpture :-)
Not recommended for overweight persons.

Plants and lighting look ok to me, and the overall color combination is very
well balanced (the eye of the painter!). Perhaps the wood texture of the
posts could be finer. It seems a tad to large to me. In addition, where the
posts reach the ground, there should be some kind of interruption in the
(very nice) pavement.

Overall, it reminds me of some impressionist paintings

Thomas