POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : On reflection : Re: On reflection Server Time
1 Oct 2024 00:06:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: On reflection
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 17 Aug 2008 22:30:36
Message: <48a8decc@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> "Sabrina Kilian" <"ykgp at vtSPAM.edu"> wrote in message
  >> You would be surprised at how much they notice, whether they admit
it or
>> not. Put a pebble in your shoe and walk with a limp, see how many people
>> notice.
>
> Ah, but I was talking about "caring", not "noticing" <g>.

How many people 'care' about things they don't think that they notice,
how many people 'care' about the things they do notice, and how many
admit to caring about something if they think it paints them badly?

I'm sure psychology has a word or phrase for the phenomenon, but people
do tend to make decisions about other people over minor details and tend
to carry those decisions in their mind. Whether they consciously do it
or not.