POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : beta 28 source sanity test : Re: beta 28 source sanity test Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:24:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: beta 28 source sanity test
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 17 Aug 2008 17:37:42
Message: <48a89a26$1@news.povray.org>
Le Sun, 17 Aug 2008 18:25:26 +0200, Thorsten Froehlich a modifié des
petits morceaux de l'univers pour nous faire lire :

> You need to use a pre-1.35 boost.

Can you be a bit more specific ? I'm on gentoo (boost is 1.35-r1 so far,
but might evolve anytime soon), so i'm interested a bit by this subject.

> Please read the *boost* documentation, as this is not a POV-Ray issue!

Which part, please, as boost is really a huge collection of parts ?
thread ? mutex ? other ?
RTFM is no good when the manual is the size of the Britannica
Encyclopedia and nothing more is at least provided to choose the right
volume.

> Do no use boost
> 1.35 or later with the current POV-Ray 3.7 beta source code if you want
> a functional executable.

It really does not matter, as the available unix source code is late
(still at 25b, whereas 28 is available for Windows binary since...)