POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : On reflection : Re: On reflection Server Time
1 Oct 2024 03:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: On reflection
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 15 Aug 2008 15:59:38
Message: <48a5e02a$1@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> "Gail Shaw" <initialsurname@sentech sa dot com> wrote in message
>> "Invisible" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
>
>>> I don't consider 30 to be "young". I consider that to be "basically my
>>> life is almost over now".
>
>> At 30?
>>
>> I'm a year older and as far as I'm concerned, the fun's just starting....
>
> 30 is not the "end of life", of course - unless you are an olympian or a
> mathematician - but it's an age where the best years of one's live are most
> certainly over. Ages 20-25 is where humans peak both mentally and physically
> (generally speaking, there are of course rare exceptions). It's all downhill
> from there.

If I peeked at 20-25, I should just cart myself off to a retirement home.

>> To quote a friend (speaking to the other people in the car at the time,
> aged
>> between 25 and 31) "You're a bunch of bloody kids"
>
> Well, there's always denial <g>.

Don't tell me that, I've got another year before I turn 30! I refuse to
believe that it's downhill after this. My goal is at least two gallery
openings in one year!

It's an odd age though, at least for me. I'm stuck working with 40-60
year old tenured professors on one side, and not even drinking age kids
on the other. Caught betwixt cheerleaders on one side pushing envelopes
and creating new challenges, and the 'meh, buy us beer' attitude on the
other.