POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : On reflection : Re: On reflection Server Time
1 Oct 2024 00:08:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: On reflection
From: stbenge
Date: 15 Aug 2008 15:24:22
Message: <48a5d7e6@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> This part sounds a bit like me, though I was not afraid to walk alone
>> for fear of getting my ass beat, but because I was
>> super-self-conscious about the way I walked and about my appearance in
>> general.
>
> I'm thinking maybe I should take speach therapy to see if I can learn to
> stop talking like somebody with a brain disorder. I'm not sure if it'll
> work though...

Well, it could help. I used to be self-conscious about my speaking
habits too. I would try to talk fast so that people wouldn't think I was
stupid, but as a result I found myself messing up way too often. I try
to talk at a steady pace now, and have found that I can be understood
more clearly. I don't withhold large words or concepts anymore, either.
People respect you for treating them as an equal, not some elite jerk.
(I'm not accusing you of this, for the record)

>>> And oh my God - I almost can't believe that I have an actual friend
>>> who is also a *girl*. ;-)
>>>
>>> So why am I not getting any? Hmm...
>>
>> Hmm, indeed. :)
>
> :-P
>
> Ask me *after* Sunday.

Hey, good luck! Maybe you'll get married and have children soon. Who
knows, maybe your shyness is actually due to your wanting a real
relationship, not some fling. Oh wait, that was me :)

Sam