POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : On reflection : Re: On reflection Server Time
1 Oct 2024 00:07:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: On reflection
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 15 Aug 2008 15:08:24
Message: <48a5d428@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> I've been meaning to say. Have you ever thought of going to a martial arts
> class? With your size and build you would do well at judo. If you don't fancy
> wrestling (sometimes with ladies, OMG) you could give aikido a try.
> It does build up your confidence and you get to meet people. I see that MK has
> Aikido, Judo, Jui Jitsu, Karate, Tae Kwon-do and Tai Chi. I would not recommend
> Jui Jitsu, Karate or Tae Kwon-do but the others are quite gentle.

OK, two things.

1. Even having an actual gun in your pocket won't help you if you're
outnumbered. I don't think this would make me feel any safer.

2. I'd be far too shy to even attempt to do something like this. I'd be
too afraid of making an idiot of myself in front of everybody else.

(As one of my sister's many boyfriends once explained, his Jui Jitsu
instructor once explained to the class "if a bunch of guys start picking
on you in the street, *run away*! Don't try to do Jui Jitsu on them. It
won't work.")

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/