POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : On reflection : Re: On reflection Server Time
1 Oct 2024 00:06:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: On reflection
From: stbenge
Date: 15 Aug 2008 14:31:49
Message: <48a5cb95@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> I still dislike walking anywhere by myself without somebody to protect
> me. I just find it very difficult to walk along and look nonchalant and
> stuff when I'm worrying about what everybody must be thinging of me -
> the way I walk, the way I dress, the way my face looks, etc.

This part sounds a bit like me, though I was not afraid to walk alone
for fear of getting my ass beat, but because I was super-self-conscious
about the way I walked and about my appearance in general. I thought I
walked funny, but I could never quite put my finger on *why* my gait was
odd. I always felt like people were watching me, judging me and thinking
I was stupid because I never felt normal when I walked. "Look at that
retard, he can't even walk normally!" As it turns out, my stride was a
little different than everybody else's, due to my long legs and short
torso. One good thing my ex gf did for me was to encourage me to put
emphasis into the movement of my knees, which has helped me smooth out
my steps and keep my head from bobbing too much. I'm still
self-conscious, but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be.

> And oh my God - I almost can't believe that I have an actual friend who
> is also a *girl*. ;-)
>
> So why am I not getting any? Hmm...

Hmm, indeed. :)

Sam