POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : my pool table : Re: my pool table Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: my pool table
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 14 Aug 2008 15:58:58
Message: <48a48e82$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

> Christian Froeschlin wrote:
>
>>Hmm, if you use only radiosity with high ambient objects instead
>>of light sources, wouldn't they reflect in the sphere without need
>>for special highlights?
>
>   No, because radiosity is calculated purely diffusely

yes, sorry for being unclear, I know that radiosity doesn't
produce highlights. Just that it forces you to actually model
the light sources as objects which can then show up as bright
spots in the reflection, presumably at the same position where
the highlight should be. But I see now that it would need
to be blurred reflection to get the desired effect.