POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : v3.7 example scenes : Re: Need disc space Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:10:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need disc space
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 14 Aug 2008 05:41:50
Message: <48a3fdde@news.povray.org>
"Sabrina Kilian" <"ykgp at vtSPAM.edu"> wrote in message
> The biggest issue I've seen so far is the wood include and
> objects/pawns.pov. The wood textures look completely different without the
> assumed gamma statements, and pawns seems to have some graphical issue.
> I'm thinking it might be coincident surfaces, but I've not looked at it
> too close yet.

hmmmm .... the only thing that slowed me down was that some of the images in
advanced had different aspect ratio's (other than 4:3). The stuff in
textures went by super fast once I got past my "Doh" moment using the file
queue feature. The file queue feature was appealling to me because I wanted
to have the renders go unattended. I inspected the headers and camera
statements and found nothing unusual so I thought they looked like an ideal
candidate for batch processing.

I'm wondering if you had a particular file in mind that you were seeing the
wood.inc problem, or should I just have a look at anything that sources
wood.inc ..... mind you it's not that I don't believe you, I'm just curious
and want to have a look. I'm going to slow things down abit until I hear
back from Chris on disc space.

Jim