POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Energy drink : Re: Energy drink Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Energy drink
From: Larp
Date: 13 Aug 2008 15:44:48
Message: <48a339b0@news.povray.org>
Mike Williams wrote:

> The scene below takes 2 seconds to render on my machine. I
> can imagine that fancy lighting and focal blur would slow
> it down, but not by that much.
>
> How fast is your scene without the holes?

Rendering without holes or focal blur took 6 minutes 3
seconds.

The can is defined in separate include file which is quite
complex cocktail of lathes, prisms, tori, sphere sweeps
etc. - in overall 444 rows. I'm not surprised rendering
takes some time. Still I'm somehow happy with the results,
even to render something like this 29 hours is not sane at
all...

   Larp