POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : skin shader test (60k jpg) : Re: skin shader test (82k jpg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: skin shader test (82k jpg)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 13 Aug 2008 02:54:51
Message: <48a2853b@news.povray.org>
Hi Sam:

    Here is my first try with your fastSSS, using my photo-skin tests. The
first image is just the plain image_map without radiosity, and the second
is the result of just using the fastSSS pigment as a texture map pattern.
The result is even better than using media, as it has no artifacts and is
easy to setup, and indeed is much faster (even adding area_light and
focal_blur was not much slower).

   I can't stop wondering how the hell you do to figure out all these
incredible techniques... it's simply amazing. Being very selfish, I hope
your artistic side doesn't take over the technical one... ;)

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cabeza-stbengesss-02a.jpg' (23 KB) Download 'cabeza-stbengesss-02b.jpg' (22 KB) Download 'cabeza-stbengesss-03.jpg' (15 KB)

Preview of image 'cabeza-stbengesss-02a.jpg'
cabeza-stbengesss-02a.jpg

Preview of image 'cabeza-stbengesss-02b.jpg'
cabeza-stbengesss-02b.jpg

Preview of image 'cabeza-stbengesss-03.jpg'
cabeza-stbengesss-03.jpg