POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : no class : Re: no class Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:29:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: no class
From: andrel
Date: 5 Sep 2008 18:25:08
Message: <48C1B208.5060500@hotmail.com>
On 05-Sep-08 23:31, Shay wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>
>> BTW I do have access to a 3D printer in ABS plastic (see e.g. last
>> item on
>> http://members.chello.nl/a.c.linnenbank/visitekaart/en/ceramics.html).
>
> That's how you did it.

yes, I get an idea, implement a user interface to adjust a group of
splines. Add the symmetry constraints. Write an export to blender,
compose a partial scene. Export to POV to see if it works. Get them
printed. Create molds and some other things to make ceramic copies. Find
out that they too easily fall over because I forgot to check where the
center of gravity is :( . Redo in a somewhat larger size adding a few
extra challenges. (these are not on the page yet. the other set just
above it is hand modelled an they don't fit that well, but much faster
to create)

> I remember seeing these in p.o-t, but don't
> remember an explanation. Very cool. My mind is flooding with possibilities.

Machine reads the STL format, basically yet another triangle format, so
that could be just your thing.