POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Bistro [170 Kb] : Re: WIP Bistro [170 Kb] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:32:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Bistro [170 Kb]
From: Shay
Date: 4 Sep 2008 02:27:02
Message: <48BF7F30.1050709@none.none>
Jim Charter wrote:
> Shay wrote:
>

>> I know how I would do it, but it wouldn't be worth it. It would still
>> look fake.
>

> Your standards may be too high.  I would be interested in your idea.

Nothing revolutionary:

1. "Posterize" the image into an appropriate number of colors
2. Use marching squares to build borders between colored regions
3. Place tiles along the borders
4. Advance the borders and check for intersections
OR.... The slower, easier way
4. March the squares again, this time checking for tiles as well as
color differences.

  -Shay