POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another SSS technique (28k jpg) : Re: Another SSS technique (28k jpg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:12:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another SSS technique (28k jpg)
From: stbenge
Date: 8 Aug 2008 17:44:58
Message: <489cbe5a@news.povray.org>
triple_r wrote:

> Looks good!

Thank you! It's till resembles wax, but most SSS techniques do.

> How does it do with large variations in scale?  Self-shadowing?  I
> guess the usual transparency/refraction effects are not a problem since it's
> just a texture.  Reminds me of Blender's SSS--not as accurate, but it looks
> very good!

The objects can be scaled to whatever size, although if the desired
result is to have only minimal light penetration over a large area, the
parsing can take quite a while. An object can shadow itself, since a
traced ray stops where it hits.

Sam