POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wikipath : Re: Wikipath Server Time
1 Oct 2024 00:06:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wikipath
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Aug 2008 14:57:07
Message: <489b4583$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I always got the impression that COBOL was the "BASIC" of the 70's,

Vice versa. BASIC was the COBOL of the 70's. They were both pretty much
the same programming model, tho. Flat code space, flat data space,
everything preallocated, etc.

> while all real programmers used Fortran. (Heck, even nowadays some old
> gurus state that real programmers use Fortran.)

Depends what you were programming. People doing databases and business
math (i.e., decimal, reports, etc) didn't use FORTRAN. People doing
physics simulations didn't use COBOL.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Ever notice how people in a zombie movie never already know how to